SafetyCool Air Conditioners are reliable, economical units for window or thru-wall installations. Applications include cooling and dehumidifying hazardous locations as found on offshore production platforms, in hazardous materials storage, industrial control buildings and in analyzer shelters. Models with both heating and cooling are also available with electric heaters providing the total heating capacity. This design assures full heat output even at low outside temperatures and avoids the limitations of modified heat pumps. The electric heaters are rated to NEC Identification No. T2A, i.e. for use in areas where the ignition temperature of the hazardous material is at or above 536° F (280° C).
SafetyCool offers the user a wide range of models for use in hazardous locations classified Class I, Groups B, C and D, Division 2. Cooling models are CSA (Canadian Standards Association) certified to meet both U. S. and Canadian Safety Standards. SafetyCool air conditioners are reliable, economical units for window or thru-wall installations on offshore production platforms, in analyzer shelters, industrial control rooms and in hazardous materials storage buildings. Models with both heating and cooling feature full electric heat. This design assures full heat output even at minimum outside temperatures and avoids the limitations of modified commercial heat pumps. All models are covered by a three year limited warranty.
- For Hazardous Locations Classified per NEC Class I, Groups B, C or D, Division 2
- CSA Certified to U. S. and Canadian standards (COOLING ONLY UNITS)
- Cooling Capacities from 8,200 to 36,000 BTUH Heat / Cool Models with all electric heat from 7,600 to 27,100 BTUH
- Front Panel Controls for Temperature and Discharge Air Control
- Remote Thermostats (optional)
- Full Corrosion Protection Package (optional)
- Also Available in 50 Hertz Models
- Oil and Gas Production Platforms
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Processing
- Oil and Gas Refining and Storage Areas
- Natural Gas Compressor Stations
- Analyzer and Control Rooms
- Solvent and Paint Storage Buildings
- Research and Control Laboratories