Scientific Systems LLC serves customers in a variety of industries by manufacturing severe duty air conditioning and refrigeration equipment to custom specifications. Our HazardCool Air Conditioners are explosion-proof, 12,000 to 36,000 BTUH units designed for window or thru-wall installations.
What Are HazardCool Air Conditioners?
These systems are engineered specifically for hazardous and corrosive environments. A wide range of models meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code under Class I, Groups C and D or Class II, Groups F and G, Division 1. Optional epoxy finish and coil coatings protect against corrosion in the most severe environments and heavy-duty cover housing is also available in 316 stainless steel. Each unit’s blower is belt-driven, and only industrial-quality components approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) are used. Wiring is fully enclosed in rigid conduit, and a slide-out chassis facilitates service and maintenance. Temperature and direction of supply air are adjustable from the front panel.
Combining HazardCool Air Conditioners with PBX 10 Series Pressurization Blowers is a cost-effective way to provide both cooling and room pressurization for compliance with NFPA 496. When installations require greater cooling capacities and air flow, we recommend the PBX 20 Series. These versatile units allow the designer to meet most any combination of heat load, air flow, air filtration, and space consideration. Our PBX 20 systems are also shipped pre-assembled, fully instrumented, and pretested.
Features of HazardCool Air Conditioners
HazardCool Air Conditioners have a cooling capacity of 12,000 to 36,000 BTUH, plus a built-in thermostat that’s adjustable from the front panel. We also offer an optional full corrosion protection package, and all of our HazardCool units come with a three-year limited warranty.
They meet the requirements of the National Electrical Code for use in Class I, Groups C and D or Class II, Groups F and G, Division 1 hazardous locations.
Applications of HazardCool Air Conditioners
Since this system is explosion-proof and highly suited to hazardous and corrosive environments, it’s especially useful in the applications listed below.
To request more information about our HazardCool Air Conditioners, please contact Scientific Systems LLC or call 225-926-6950 today.
- For Hazardous Locations Classified per NEC Class I, Groups C and D and Class II, Groups F and G, Division 1 and 2
- SSC – CoC [Certificate of Conformance] Certified to U.S. and Canadian standards
- Cooling Capacities from 7,500 to 35,000 BTUH
- Built-in Thermostat Adjustable from Front Panel
- Type 316 Stainless Steel Housing (optional)
- Slide-out case for Easy Access.
- Full Corrosion Protection Package(optional)
- Also Available in 50 Hertz Models Request Bulletin EXWI5PSS
- One-Year Limited Warranty
- Chemical and pharmaceutical plants
- Petroleum production, refining, and transport
- Gas pipeline compression stations
- Offshore platforms
- Fuel and chemical transfer terminals
- Facilities using paints and solvents
- Ordnance plants and armories
- Grain transfer and storage
- Hazardous materials storage facilities
COOLING ONLY, 60HZ, CLASS I, GROUPS C AND D, CLASS II FGROUPS F AND G DIVISION 1
This drawing and information contained herein are the exclusive property of Scientific System LLC and shall be returned upon demand and shall not be reproduced in whole or in part, disclosed to anyone else or used, without written consent of Scientific Systems LLC.